Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hello Bloggers!











So, I have this amazing friend Kate, who has this amazing blog, right along with her husband's family and friends. They are a bunch of super moms who would fit perfectly in any Martha Stewart magazine or Pottery Barn- Seriously. Kate, Renee, Amy, Lisa, Jocelyn, Candy- and even Susie- wow- so, I decided that I had better jump on the blogger's train. I do not have any cute or darling pics of kids to show- but I have a cute puppy named Quincy and an amazing husband named Ben, who I truly adore. So, I will post pictures of them!


For all of those individuals who do not know what happened to me since I left Laramie and UW in the Spring of 2004- I came home to Montana, met my would be husband on the side of the road at a car crash, (seriously) got married, received my bachelors degree, bought a house, and have a puppy. No, no baby yet for all of those wondering. We were married on January 7th, 2006 in Billings. My husband is a Sheriff's Deputy ( I am a EMT and he is a cop- see, we met at an accident scene where we were both rendering aide to an injured motorist, the rest is history as they say) and I am the Assistant County Planner for our county. I plan and help engineer subdivisions and work a lot with the state growth policy in our county and am also the chairperson of the local highway traffic safety DUI Task Force. Long titles, but honestly, not that impressive. We bought a charming fixer upper that we are in the process of painting "Cape Cod Grey." Much better than the "Reservation Mint Green" as I have dubbed it. Once I get it done, I will post them. Last summer we remodeled the entire upstairs and maybe in a few years we will finish the basement. Other than that, we are just having a swell time enjoying each other's company with no children. Don't get me wrong, I love kids and want them- but not yet. We live in a tiny town about 30 minutes out of Billings. We were at Cody Convention last week and it was nice to catch up with some friends. If I didn't get to say hi, I'm sorry- it gets busy when you only see some friends once a year. So, this blogging thing is new, but looks like a fun way for family and friends to stay in touch. I posted a few pics that I had with me at the office. Obviously the first ones are from our wedding, and then my husband and Quincy phesant hunting- which.... to be honest, I could do without, but I will post it for his sake. So, here goes, Wish me luck- and Kate- I can see how this may get a bit contagious. After being a "lurker" for a few days, I might as well make it fun and exciting for me too!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Hey! Great to catch up with your life a bit!! Sounds like everything has gone very well since last we met... Indeed I was pregnant most of our times together and am quite happy not to be anymore! They're much better out. :) Looking forward to more updates from you, can't wait to see the remodel!

Amy said...

PS Welcome to the blogosphere!

andy and michelle said...

Hi Sara - just a warning, Kate's right, this blogging business is terribly contagious. But it's pretty harmless and such a grand way to keep up with friends.
Anyway, thanks for joining blog-land and can't wait to see pics of the house changes. Don't forget to take 'before' photos so we can appreciate all the work. =)

And is that Quincy in the photo there, jumping over the fence? What a cool shot, I love it!

Jocelyn said...

Great you could join us!

Crystal & Warner said...

This bloggin is kinda new to me too. But its fun keepin in touch with everyone. Glad to see ya.

Jeanette said...

Sara,

How neat to finally catch up with you. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. Then this morning I ma blog hopping and I came across yours. Congrats on your wedding, glad to see you so happy, and I love the cute dog!
-Jeanette (Sloman)