Monday, September 24, 2007

Where We Work

This is a "until I can get more pictures" post. I have not downloaded the pics on my mom's camera for awhile ( she has a great camera) so I want to show everyone where Ben and I work. We both work for Carbon County, Montana, and the county seat is Red Lodge. It is about 36 miles from our house. Ben has a take home patrol truck, so he goes on/off shift from home. I, however, must commute. I do car pool, and that is fun. Although Ben patrols all of our large county, his office is in Red Lodge at the Sheriff's Department, and my office is a block away. Here is what Red Lodge looks like. It is a beautiful resort town that is nestled at the base of the Beartooth Mountains. In the summer, it is the gateway to the Beartooth Highway/Pass going to Yellowstone National Park. In the Winter, it' home to tons of skiers as it is a very popular ski area. Most of the residents in Red Lodge either work for the county or work in the shops/restaurants. Probably half of the homes here are summer/vacation homes. This is a view of Main StreetThis is a view of the Ski Resort that over looks the town

Traveling South out of town towards the Beartooth Pass. ( See Labor Day post for more Beartooth Pass Pictures)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Chris, Fish, Hazen and I better come your way sometime! It is beautiful. Thanks for a glimpse of where you are. :)

Anonymous said...

It is nice to love where you live, isn't it? What a beautiful setting!! Thanks for the pictures.