Thursday, August 2, 2007

Family Traditions

I think that one of the neatest things when you get married is carrying on family traditions. You get to teach your husband your family's tradition, and you get to be part of his, too. Then, when you eventually have kids, you can pass them along.
It has always been a family tradition for my husband's family to go to Georgetown Lake, Montana and spend one whole week (yes, 7-9 days) camping. And, I am not talking about cabins or fancy trailers. I am talking about tents, old trailers with no plumbing, outhouses, wash basins, and cooking over a fire. I have never gone, and it's been four years since Ben has been there. So, tomorrow, we are heading off to Georgetown Lake until the 12th of August! I am very excited because I love the outdoors, but I'm not sure how much of a "vacation" so to speak, it will be. There are going to be 10 kids from ages 2-16, and 16 adults. So, not a lot of alone time, or quiet relaxation. But, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. We are taking up two of our 4-wheelers, and two more we are borrowing from our friends. And, Ben's sister and her husband are taking their boat. So, it should be lots of fun. Let's just hope it's not extremely hot, or raining the whole time either!

Here are a couple of pictures of the Lake that we are going to. It's about 5 hours away, Past Butte and Anaconda, and out towards Phillipsburg. It looks, and for what Ben tells me, is AMAZING!


2 comments:

Kate said...

Have a blast! We look forward to lots of pictures when you get back. :)

Jocelyn said...

Hope you have a wonderful time!