Monday, August 20, 2007

Where oh where has the summer gone???


On Saturday, I took my usually early morning trip into Billings and when I was at the arts and crafts store, I was so pleased to what I found. Autumn and "harvest" decorations! WOO HOO! Fall is by far my favorite season. I love the trees, the weather, harvest season, and of course, my girl time when dear hubby is off killing something to put on my walls. So, I couldn't help myself. I got a new wreath for the front door, some scarecrows (cute cute) and some new candy dishes for inside. But, on the way home, it hit me...... Where did the summer go? I know it's still August, but still? In a few weeks, the corn field behind my house will be chopped, and the leaves will get a little yellow around the tips. Has a summer really came and gone? It seems like yesterday it was the beginning of May, and I was waiting for my flowers to bloom. It's been a fairly productive summer, and this was out first whole summer in our new house, too. This last weekend I finished the front of the house painting the trim, garage doors, and two front doors. It's looking more and more like our home, instead of a run down, out dated, mint green box. Now, the upstairs is all finished, as is 70% of the outside. This week dear hubby is out of town at a federal law enforcement training, so my evenings will be spent finishing the staining on the back deck and the back window trim. I hope to have it all done when he gets home Thursday night. Then, I guess we can just sit back and watch the leaves turn, and be so thankful for all we have; a wonderful home, great friends, and of course, a wonderful walk of life.

2 comments:

candy said...

Sara,
I love fall too! Thanks for the wonderful post...and I was thinking the same thing the other day. Where has the summer gone? I am blogging before we head to the hospital to keep my mind off of the surgery! :)
Hope to see you guys soon and enjoy your house projects. I always enjoy working on our home.

Anonymous said...

Sara,
It's fun to see your blog and pictures too. Nice to "meet" your husband as well. It was fun to see you at Cody! Way to go on your half marathon too! Keep enjoying yourself in beautiful MT! :) LW