Thursday, July 12, 2007

Painting Update!

So, I have an adorable hubby! My husband and his dear family worked so hard on Tuesday. They masked off all of the windows and doors and put the two coats of paint on that it needed, so when I got home from work on Tuesday, IT WAS ALL DONE! Minus the window and door trim, but, still, they did everything. It looks great! We did not have a chance to take any pics of it yet, but I promise that when I get everything put back together ( The rain gutters and screens) I will post pictures. And, it is not white- it is a nice shade of grey, and it makes the house look so much bigger! I love it! We moved into our house one year ago today. It doesn't seem possible that it has been a year. Time flies when you are busy and have a lot to do. When I get to a color scanner, I will send before and after pics of the house, inside and out, after one year!



On a side note, isn't it amazing how much we take for granted in our day to day life? I would say this is especially true of friendships. For example, I can go an entire 10 months before chatting with a friend, or even a year before I see some friends at Convention. On Saturday I have to go to a funeral for a good friend of mine. He was more like a teacher and mentor. He was my paramedic instructor and mentor on the EMS Service that I work for. He had an outpatient surgical procedure and later that evening, thew a clot and had a massive heart attack. He was CPR'd for 45 minutes and died six days later in Intensive Care. He was 53. I just wish I would've been more appreciative towards him, and thanked him a bit more. It's not fair. I know life isn't, and that's why we need our Spirits to be right at all times, but he saved so many lives, taught 100's of CPR classes, and he dies because no one gave him CPR soon enough. Ironic, I guess, but just not fair. So, in memory of my friend, please tell the people you care about how much you truly appreciate them, because you never know if it might be the last time you tell them.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Sara,
I cannot wait to see the pictures! How nice to come home to a newly painted house. :)
Also thanks for the reminder of how important it is to let others know how much they mean to us!

candy said...

Hey you, I'm sorry to hear about your friend passing. It is hard when it is someone that you have quietly admired and never had the opportunity to let them know how much they've impacted you. Thinking of you...

Michelle said...

Thinking of you as you go to the funeral tomorrow of your friend. I totally agree with what you said about needing to let people in our lives know what they mean to us - thanks for putting it so nicely. I lost my mom, a long time neighbor from home, and a very close family friend this year and with all of them I wondered "Did they know what they meant to me?" It is so easy to take people that most impact us for granted and we tend to think they are always going to be there. I appreciated your post a lot and can't wait to see pictures of your house!

Jocelyn said...

I would love to see pictures of your house...that is one of our next projects on our house, but we need new siding and windows, so it might be a while!