Monday, July 2, 2007

The Ups and Downs

Skunks and Dogs.... Don't mix.. Bath time!

If you would have asked me five years ago if I ever wanted a dog, I would have said "Maybe." Last year I would've said, "Yes," but it's no big deal- it's just a pet. Boy, if you could've seen me on Saturday and Sunday- So, our dog, Quincy, who I might add is the best dog in the whole world, doesn't like fireworks. Nope- not at all. She got so scared when the fireworks started that she jumped the fence and ran away yelping. She was not catchable. I haven't been that upset or cried that hard in a long time. I was grief stricken, sick to my stomach. I even missed meeting to go out and look for her on the four-wheeler ( I know, I know, priorities, right......?) My dad says this is a sign that we need kids. I think he may be right, but it was horrible. Ben and I just laid in bed terrified that someone would see this $600 pure bred hunting dog and take it home. I must have put 100 miles on the 4-wheeler out looking for her before I finally came home and cried my eyes out. Ben was working and stopped by to see how I was holding up when the dispatcher called him on his portable radio and said that she thought our dog had been found at the neighbor's a mile away. She had definaitely had her share of fun when she was gone. She came back reaking of SKUNK! Now, there are going to be some people who read this blog who say, "This couple is messed up- it's just a dog," and there will be couples who say," Oh, those poor people, how devastating." But, either way- Dad still says- Uh...... you guys need kids. He has even bribed us- and then there's my mom, who claims, at 48, she is way too young to be a grandma.
Overall, the get together was a hit, followed by great fireworks and fun, but it was so exhausting. I took a long nap yesterday and it was great. I did, however, manage to puncture my back with barbed wire while out looking for Quincy, so today I was at the MD's to get my tetanus shot. Now I feel like I have dead arm and a huge headache. I hope that the rest of the week goes better and that we have a great holiday. Be safe everyone and buckle up!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sara,
HIP HIP HOORAY that you started a blog. This is the first day I have checked since you did...Yippeee
I am so glad that you found your dog. It is hard not to love your pets. But I do agree with your Dad, we cannot wait until you have a baby. :)
I sure loved all of your posts, and keep them coming...
It is sure nice to be able to take a peek into your life every once in awhile. Now you have to come and stay with us! :)