Monday, July 23, 2007

There's just something about Montana.....

I don't know about anyone else, but have you ever been glad it's Monday so you can go to work and relax? That was my thought today. I had such a busy weekend that I am exhausted. Overall, it was fast-paced, exciting, and rewarding, but then again, I got nothing done except for a few loads of laundry and a load of dishes done. I didn't feel well on Friday, so I came home and pretty much fell asleep on the couch. Ben came home for dinner around 10:30 or so, and I don't even remember him leaving. On Saturday, I made my weekly trip to Billings for groceries and whatever else I needed. I came home and we had lunch with Mom and Dad, and then took Quincy to the creek so we could swim. That dog is a swimming fool. Then, we came home and took a nap before Ben headed to work at 6PM. Then, the night began. This weekend was the Harley Davidson's Annual Iron Horse Rodeo in Red Lodge. The county goes crazy. It is so sad to see society go down the drain with all of the drinking and craziness. The first Ambulance call came in at 9PM and the last one at 2:45 AM, a car crash about 15 miles from my house. I took one patient the hospital, and the other died, and since Ben was the Coroner on duty, we both rolled into bed around 6:30 Sunday morning. Some people ask us how we can do it; all the car crashes and hurt people, and dealing with it. Truth of the matter is, its not always easy, but we are each other's support group and we enjoy helping people and at least thinking we may make a difference. So, yesterday, Ben was gone all day at the autopsy, and I had to combine after meeting and all afternoon for may dad. I think I was asleep last night before I even hit the pillow.
Okay, this picture really doesn't do it justice, because it sort of looks blue here, but that is just the sunset making it look this color. Also keep in mind that I have not painted the overhang or the trim or garage doors. And, we still haven't moved the satellite dishes yet because when we called to have them taken down, they said we would have to pay. So, Ben is just going to have to get his latter and take them down off of the front of the house. So, this is our house after one year of living here. As soon as I can, I will try and post a "before picture." I'm telling you, you won't recognize it!

This was the Sunset behind our house on Friday night when the house picture was taken


This was the sunrise that Ben and I came home to Sunday morning after being on the car crash all night. It was about 6:15AM in this picture. Ben and I both agreed that after such a bad night, this amazing red sunrise was a good reminder of God's power, and just how fragile life is.
And on a much lighter note, Quincy, isn't she so ugly that it makes her so adorable? I love this dog. And does everyone notice how cute her pink collar with studded dog bones is? (This one is for dad, who claims dogs are not grandkids)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.